Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week Eight - Task One

Well, since there aren't many dangers involved in my service learning, I'll just list a few things and then I'll use Jittery Joe's. For the art service learning, it may seem like there is no danger, but actually there could be. I could, for instance, be allergic to a type of marker or paint that I've got on my skin and get a rash or infection. Or, I could somehow (somehow being the keyword here) swallow some kind of toxic art medium... Other than that, nothing really bad can happen.

At Jittery Joe's, there are a lot more dangers. For instance, the milk steamer is extremely hot and could easily give someone a serious burn. Another thing is if there is something spilled on the floor that doesn't get cleaned up, someone could slip and get hurt. Washing the blenders is actually slightly dangerous too because you could cut your hand on the blender blades. There is a little danger in moving around the drink cases in the stock room because first of all they're heavy and second of all they could drop onto your foot or something and hurt you. Another burning issue is with coffee. If coffee ever spills on you, it can burn pretty bad.

No comments: